20 September 2012

Notes from Session #1

Thanks for a fun night on Tuesday!  Just a quick email to highlight some of the key points:
Medical / Emergency Contact Forms
If you didn't give me yours on Tuesday, please fill one out first thing this coming Tuesday (or bring to your next session if you are not coming this Tuesday) as I need these on file before you can begin the sessions. 
Also remember to please let your 'instructor/enthusiast' know of any concerns you may have prior to starting the activity, and if you are at all unsure. 
Next session
If you are planning on coming this Tuesday night, then please email me to let me know (if you haven't already) as I need to put you into groupings - if I don't hear from you, I will assume you can't make it this week.
The session will be based from the Shoe Clinic in Bridge Street
As daylight savings hasn't started yet, please remember to wear bright clothing as we will be hitting the streets for the run/walk segment of the session.
I will email more info on Monday.
Register
At the start of each session please find the Register clipboard and mark your name - this is for stats purposes as opposed to keeping an attendance register, and is also important for me health and safety wise. 
Queries
At any stage that you have any queries outside of our sessions, remember to just get in touch.  Email is easiest for me, as I tend to check it fairly regularly, otherwise phone me at home on 5458453 - if I don't answer, just leave a message and I will get back to you as soon as I can (our message is one of the 'No one is available to take your call right now' types, at some stage I will figure out how to make a personalised message)!
The Plain Packaging Cards that were in your booklets - some more info from Averil if you are interested and can assist .... also, if you or anyone you know would like help with smoking cessation then Averil can also put you in touch with the relevant people, so please just give her a call, send her an email, or chat to her during one of the sessions she is attending
The Heart Foundation supports plain packaging of tobacco products as one of a number of initiatives leading to a Smokefree New Zealand Aotearoa 2025.
We ask for your support by completing the emailed submission form and returning it to the address noted or you can drop it into the Heart Foundation office at 42 Halifax Street.  (We need them back by Sept 28th)
This is all about removing a temptation so our young people don’t decide to experiment with tobacco.
If you would like to see the effect the current packaging has on our little ones visit www.heartfoundation.org.nz and click on ‘Take action on plain packaging’. (http://www.heartfoundation.org.nz/get-involved/take-action/smoking-and-the-heart)
Please encourage your family, friends, workmates, neighbours to help the Heart Foundation, Cancer Society and a number of other health promoting agencies to ensure we achieve plain packaging of tobacco products by sending in a submission.
If you have any queries please call Averil West at the Heart Foundation, 03 545 7112 or 021 303 160.

No comments:

Post a Comment