30 May 2009

Better late than never ...

As promised here is a link to a pace chart (for running). I couldn't find my orginal but came across this one on the Christchurch Marathon website.
Go to www.christchurchmarathon.co.nz then click on Training and then on Pace Chart.
It is in km splits (so unlike my original which did have it by mile as well).
Remember that their are km markers up the Maitai Valley as well.

To use the chart - if you wanted to run a sub 2 hours half marathon, then you would need to run 5.41mins per kilometre, which equates to 28.26mins for 5km, 56,53 mins for 1o km, 1.25.19 for 15km and 1.53.46 for 20km. Bringing you home in 1.59.54 for the half marathon distance (in theory).

If you want more info on how to read a pace chart then flick me an email or give me a call.

No comments:

Post a Comment