13 August 2008

Lisa is keen to give it a go

Registrations are now rolling in for the Nelson City Council Women’s Activator Series, starting Thursday 4 September.

Lisa giving cycling a go on her bike on the roads in Nelson. Lisa has signed up for the series and is keen to getting started. That's Lisa on her bike.

“I’m having a ‘big’ birthday next year so I’ve set myself the challenge of trying lots of new things and this will be a great start. I’m keen to do the Taylors Nelson Women’s Triathlon for the first time next year so this programme will really help.”

Lisa already does some road cycling, aerobics, yoga and walking but is a first time mountain biker and not the most confident swimmer.

“I think the sea swim in particular will be a real challenge for me so I’m pleased to be trying it under the guidance of experts, I don’t think I would be game to try it on my own.”

The weekly commitment of the Activator programme will be a real motivating factor, Lisa says. “Going to a session each week will really help me stay on track and as it’s aimed at beginners. I’m sure it will be a really safe and supportive environment to learn in. We can all make our mistakes together! I think it’s going to be a lot of fun.”

1 comment:

  1. It's Lisa here - thought I'd say HI

    I'm really looking forward to achieving some 'sporty' goals in my big birthday year.

    I'm a bit nervous about the swimming - can't remember the last time I swam lengths. My idea of 'swimming' is tropical waters with my trusty noodle proping me up . . . ahhh heaven!!

    Looking forward to meeting you all soon

    A big thanks too. to the organisers for putting the programme together, I really appreciate it

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete